Welcome to the TAHC Vet Corner.
As your state veterinarian, I hope you will find this special section dedicated to your needs and interests a beneficial and helpful resource.
This section of the website was developed to become a quick reference for you as a veterinary practitioner to find the information most relevant to you such as disease information, test charts, and useful links. We will also be featuring a rotating series of short articles written by one of our agency veterinarians covering a special interest topic.
If you have any suggestions for content or changes to improve the Vet Corner, please contact our Director of Communications, Bonnie Ramirez. This is your resource; help us make it something you will utilize often. — Dee Ellis
- **NEW** The NEW TAHC Authorized Personnel Program: What Veterinarians Need To Know — Dr. Susan Culp, Staff Veterinarian: Authorized Personnel Program Leader
- What's new at the Texas State-Federal Lab — Dr. Holly Hughes-Garza, Staff Veterinarian & Laboratory Director
- West Nile Virus — Dr. Pete Fincher, Region 6 Director
- Caudal Fold Test (CFT) for Detection of Bovine Tuberculosis (TB) — Dr. Jody Hall, TAHC Field Epidemiologist
- Cattle Traceability and Tagging for Veterinarians
- What's up with Equine Piroplasmosis (EP)? — Dr. Max Dow, Region 3 Director
- Trichomoniasis and What you, as a Vet, Need to Know — Dr. Tommy Barton, Region 7 Director
- Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) — Dr. Greg Hawkins, Region 4 Director
- EIA/ Coggins Testing — Dr. Mark Michalke, Region 2 Director
- Calfhood Vaccination — Dr. Brad Williams, Region 1 Director
Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program (VMLRP)
- Resources for USDA Program Diseases
- Vesicular Diseases Reference Chart
- Standard Precautions for Zoonotic Disease Prevention in Veterinary Personnel
- Foreign Animal Diseases of Interest to Category II Veterinarians
- Foreign Animal Diseases of Interest to Category I Veterinarians
- National Veterinary Accreditation Reference Guide
- Breed Code Guide
Piro Test Chart(s) & Information
- Instructions for Completing Piro Test Chart
- Piro Test Chart — Manual Completion (Downloadable form)
- Piro Test Chart — Digital Photo Import (Downloadable form)
Cattle Trichomoniasis Forms & Information
- Trichomoniasis Test Record
- Instructions for Completing the Texas Trichomoniasis Test Record
- Trichomoniasis Virgin Status Certification
- For more information about the National Veterinary Accreditation Program (NVAP) or to access the required online Continuing Education Modules visit the USDA-APHIS website.
- For questions, please contact the USDA Accreditation Coordinator in Austin at 512-383-2400 or email@example.com.
- Summary of CE credit hours for USDA Accreditation Modules from Texas State Board
Health Certificates/Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)
- Important: Notice about accreditation and health certificate orders
- Ordering Information (electronic or paper)
Texas Entry Requirements
For Entry of Livestock (Domestic and Exotic), Poultry and Ratites into the State and into Shows, Fairs, Exhibitions, and Assemblies
Interstate Movement Requirements
- Contact page
- Find us on: