Welcome to the TAHC Vet Corner.
As your state veterinarian, I hope you will find this special section dedicated to your needs and interests a beneficial and helpful resource.
This section of the website was developed to become a quick reference for you as a veterinary practitioner to find the information most relevant to you such as disease information, test charts, and useful links. We will also be featuring a rotating series of short articles written by one of our agency veterinarians covering a special interest topic.
If you have any suggestions for content or changes to improve the Vet Corner, please contact our Director of Communications, Bonnie Ramirez. This is your resource; help us make it something you will utilize often. — Dee Ellis
Columns in the Texas Veterinarian magazine written by Dr. Dee Ellis
(a publication of the Texas Veterinary Medical Association)
- The TAHC 2015 Legislative Report (August 2015)
- Can You Throw Me a Curveball? (June 2015)
- State-Federal Disease Eradication Programs Update (April 2015)
- View Previous Articles
- USDA Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program Announces Shortage Areas for 2015
- The NEW TAHC Authorized Personnel Program: What Veterinarians Need To Know — Dr. Susan Culp, Staff Veterinarian: Authorized Personnel Program Leader
- What's new at the Texas State-Federal Lab — Dr. Holly Hughes-Garza, Staff Veterinarian & Laboratory Director
- West Nile Virus — Dr. Pete Fincher, Region 6 Director
- Caudal Fold Test (CFT) for Detection of Bovine Tuberculosis (TB) — Dr. Jody Hall, TAHC Field Epidemiologist
- Cattle Traceability and Tagging for Veterinarians
- What's up with Equine Piroplasmosis (EP)? — Dr. Max Dow, Region 3 Director
- Trichomoniasis and What you, as a Vet, Need to Know — Dr. Tommy Barton, Region 7 Director
- Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) — Dr. Greg Hawkins, Region 4 Director
- EIA/ Coggins Testing — Dr. Mark Michalke, Region 2 Director
- Calfhood Vaccination — Dr. Brad Williams, Region 1 Director