Certificates of Veterinary Inspection
There are several ways to order Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (CVIs). CVIs, also known as health certificates and passports, include Certificates of Veterinary Inspection – Large Animals, Equine Certificates of Veterinary Inspection, and Equine Interstate Movement Passports.
The table below summarizes information about the different order methods. Click on an order method for details.
Veterinarians may purchase health certificates for pets/companion animals by contacting the Texas Veterinary Medical Association at 512-452-4224.
|Order Method||CVI Format||Processing Time||Shipping Time||Payment Method(s)||Convenience Fee|
|Order By Mail||Paper||1 business day upon receipt of order form||2-3 business days via Lonestar Overnight (in Tx)||Check or Money Order||None|
|Order Online||Paper||1 business day after placing order||2-3 business days via Lonestar Overnight (in Tx)||Credit card or
|$3 per book|
|Issue e-CVIs from an approved vendor||Electronic||Contact vendor directly.|
If you have questions or need additional information about ordering health certificates, please contact TAHC Staff Services at 1-800-550-8242 Ext. 788.
- Download the printable CVI order form using the link below. Mail the completed form and payment by check to the address on the form.
- Mail orders must be accompanied by a check for the full amount of the order.
- Health certificates are sold in books of 10. The minimum order is 1 book.
- Beginning September 1, 2011 TAHC will assess a fee of $7 per certificate ($70 per book).
- Orders are shipped to Texas destinations via Lonestar Overnight. Out-of-state orders will be shipped via USPS.
- Beginning January 22, 2007, veterinarians will be able to place online orders for health certificates using the secure Health Certificate/Passport Ordering Application.
- To place an order online, you must be an accredited veterinarian and be prepared to provide your vet code and veterinary license number.
- While in the application, use the navigation links and buttons provided rather than your web browser's back or forward buttons.
- Online orders require payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express) or by electronic check.
- As of September 1, 2011 TAHC will assess a fee of $7 per certificate ($70 per book).
- A convenience fee of $3 per health certificate book will be added to the total cost of your order via this online application. This fee is charged by Texas.Gov to cover costs related to the processing of financial transactions and the support of the Texas.Gov infrastructure.
TAHC Approved e-CVIs:
- Global Vet Link offers electronic equine health certificates. Contact Global Vet Link directly for all information about pricing and terms.
- Order e-CVIs from Global Vet Link.