Swine Health Issues & General Information
Radio Interview: 2/14 — Dr. Dee Ellis interviews with the Farm Bureau News & Views segment and talks about Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea virus (PEDv)
BROCHURE: 9/12 — Biosecurity Measures for Swine Sales
BROCHURE: 6/3 — Biosecurity Measures for Swine Validation
9/7 — Attention Swine Exhibitors:
The 2012 Texas fair and rodeo season is right around the corner. The Texas Pork Producers Association, the Texas Animal Health Commission and the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service would like to share important information to help ensure that show hogs remain healthy.
- Attention Swine Exhibitors — Biosecurity Message
- Good Habits that Keep You and Your Pigs Healthy
- Help Keep Our Animals Healthy: Wash Your Hands
- Influenza H3N2v: Key Facts for People Exhibiting Pigs at Fairs
- Understanding Influenza Naming
Testing & Entry Requirements
- NEWS: 6/27/2012 — Swine from Validated and Qualified Herds Can Now Enter Texas without a Health Certificate
- Testing Requirements Changed for Breeding Swine Sold at TX Livestock Show & Fairs
Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDv)
NEWS: 7/2 — PEDv is an emerging viral disease of concern to the U.S. swine industry causing severe diarrhea and high mortality in young pigs. It has not been diagnosed in Texas yet, but has been found in a number of other states. More...
- USDA Guidelines for 2009 Novel H1N1 2009 Virus in Swine in the U.S.
- More information about H1N1 from USDA
- More information from the University of Minnesota Swine Extension
Feral Swine & Wild Hogs
- Approved Feral Swine Holding Facilities
- August 2008: Feral Swine Rule to Become Effective Oct. 1 2008 — Response to Comments & Text of Rule
|May 2011||Texas is Now Swine Brucellosis Free|
|April 2009||Wild Hogs: No Indication of Flu Danger|