Approved Feral Swine Holding Facilities
An Approved Holding Facility for feral swine is a pen or pens approved by the TAHC to temporarily hold feral swine pending movement to a recognized slaughter facility or an authorized hunting preserve.
Feral swine can be legally moved only from the premises where trapped to either an approved holding facility (as listed below), a recognized slaughter facility, or an authorized hunting preserve.
Purchase of Feral Swine
- Approved feral swine holding facilities may purchase trapped feral swine.
- TAHC is not involved in any aspect of the purchase transaction
- Purchase price is at the discretion of the individual facility owner.
Active Feral Swine FacilitiesFind a feral swine facility near you.
- TAHC Brochure: Regulations for Moving Live Feral Swine
- Feral Hog Capture Techniques (Information courtesy of Texas AgriLife Extension Service)